Brett received a Bachelor of Applied Science in Physiotherapy from the University of Sydney in 1992 graduating with distinction. After working in Chicago until 2000 in the areas of sports medicine, orthopaedics and neurology Brett returned to Sydney and opened Erko Physio in Alexandria in 2009. This clinic is now well respected in the inner west of Sydney and supports 7 physiotherapists treating a wonderfully diverse and vibrant community. Brett has been coming to Brunswick Heads since a very young age to holiday with his grandparents who harken from Mullumbimby and to visit his parents who reside in Ocean Shores. Now the lure of the Bruns river lifestyle has proved too much to resist any longer.
Brett has worked with performance artists, triathletes competing in the Busselton iron man, surfers, sporting weekend warriors of soccer, netball and yoga persuasions and every type of Sydney office worker imaginable. His focus is on precise manual therapy techniques to relieve his clients pain and exercise prescription that is specific to their condition and goals.
Bretts special interests include the treatment of all types of shoulder injury, neck pain, headache and migraine, and low back, pelvic and hip pain. His particular interest is in those chronic conditions that have proved difficult to manage or settle.
Brett is member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association and Sports Physiotherapy Association.
Brett’s Continuing Education
- Treatment of Lumber spine and Pelvis – Level 1, Advanced Manual Therapy Associates, Dr Barbara Hungerford
- Treatment of Lumber spine and Pelvis – Level 2, Advanced Manual Therapy Associates, Dr Barbara Hungerford
- Treatment of the cervical spine, thoracic spine and thoracic cage: Application of articular and muscle energy techniques, Advanced Manual Therapy Associates, Dr Barbara Hungerford
- 3D Assessment of the cervical spine, thoracic spine and ribs. Trish Wisby Roth
- 3D Assessment and treatment of the Pelvic Complex and Lumber Spine (Part A), Trish Wisby Roth
- Hip Differential Diagnosis and Prescriptive Exercise – Trish Wisby Roth
- Optimising Biomechanics of Running
- Rehabilitation following Hip Arthroscopy
- Watson Headache Institute Level 1 Foundations for assessment and treatment of cervicogenic headache and migraine
- Watson Headache Institute Level 2 Consolidation of assessment and treatment of cervicogenic headache and migraine
- Australian Physiotherapy Association Sports Level 1
- Australian Physiotherapy Association Sports Level 2
- Mulligan Concept – Upper Quadrant, Manual Concepts
- Lyn Watson Level 1 Shoulder Physiotherapy
- Lyn Watson Level 2 Shoulder Physiotherapy
- Kinetic Link Strength Training Level 1