Aidan grew up in the Byron shire attending Byron Bay High School and completed a Bachelor of Environmental Science at Southern Cross University in Lismore. After a year of travelling around the world he realized that his passion lay in health and fitness. Since returning to Australia he has completed a Certificate 3 and 4 in fitness, Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science and a Master of Physiotherapy, graduating in 2013.
Now 10 years into his physiotherapy career Aidan has a wealth of experience in a diverse range of settings. A passion for surfing led him to work with recreational and junior elite surfers in both a physiotherapy and strength and conditioning capacity including covering events for surfing Queensland and travelling to Teahupoo to train with the WSL medical team. He was the team physio for Caloundra FC for 3 years and has worked with club rugby union and AFL teams. More recently he took on several roles in the public hospital system working with complex chronic presentations and the elderly. Aidan is passionate about helping his patients to improve their pain, restore function and achieve their goals. He uses a combination of manual therapy, dry needling, therapeutic exercise and education in his treatments.
Aidan’s special interests include lower back, shoulder and knee pain and empowering his clients to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
In his spare time Aidan enjoys a wide range of physical pursuits including surfing, weight training, running, mountain biking, yoga, boxing and salsa dancing. He is looking forward to re-connecting with and serving the community he grew up in.
Aidan’s Continuing Education
- Mulligan Lower Quadrant course
- Lyn Watson Level 1 Shoulder Course
- Nutting out Men’s Health, Craig Allingham
- Introduction to Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Upper Quadrant level 1 course, MPE
- Explain pain online Course, NOI
- Level 1 Kinetic Link Training Coach
- Level 1 ASCA, Strength and Conditioning Coach certification
- Level 1 Spinal course
- The Advanced Athletic shoulder with Mary Magarey
- Level 1 & 2 Sports Physiotherapist Certification
- Pilates Equipment Level 1 certificate
- GEMt Level 1, 2 & 3 Dry Needling Certification
- Level 1 Developmental Neuromuscular Stabilisation practitioner, Prague School of Rehabilitation,
- Musculoskeletal segmental layering and dry needling Level 1 certificate
- Manual Handling safety certification
- Adult senior first aid certificate
- CPR certification
- Level 1 touch football coach accreditation
- Level 1 Sports trainer certificate
- Rites of passage camp facilitator accreditation
- Treatment of Lumber spine and Pelvis – Level 1, Advanced Manual Therapy Associates, Dr Barbara Hungerford